Why Camp Cody?
A combination of great food, a spectacular lakeside setting, tremendous facilities and outstanding customer service make the Cody Outdoor Center the best choice for your group retreat.
You and your group members won’t be disappointed.
- Delicious Food. Meals at Cody are highly rated by our guests. Cody’s chefs are culinary institute trained and make a wide variety delicious meals to ensure everyone finds something special to enjoy. We will also meet any dietary needs that are required within your group.
- Spectacular Location. Cody’s lakeside setting on Lake Ossipee is truly spectacular. Our lake is surrounded by hills and mountains, has natural sand beaches, and our property includes shoreline and woodland walking and biking trails. We’re also conveniently located for those wishing to explore the Lakes Region or White Mountains for sightseeing, shopping, hiking, canoeing or skiing.
- Very Convenient. Camp Cody is conveniently located just two hours from Boston. This makes it easy to get away from the city and enjoy a wide variety of recreational activities, including lakeside or woodland walking and biking trails, as well as tennis, basketball, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, sports, and ropes courses.
- Customer Service. After decades of hosting all types of groups and retreats, we are experienced in meeting the individual needs of all of our guests and we strive to give them the best possible experience at Cody. Our staff truly enjoy working with our guests.
- Happy Customers. Almost every group that visits Cody re-books for a return visit. That’s the highest form of compliment and endorsement.
Our Retreat Center
- Heritage. Cody is part of a heritage that goes back nearly 100 years. Our center has been family-owned and operated for three generations.
- Location. The Cody Outdoor Center has nearly 100 acres of beautiful lakefront and woodland acres on the shores of Lake Ossipee. Situated on the southern edge of the spectacular White Mountain National Forest, we are conveniently located just 2 hours north of Boston. Cody is open year round and welcoming to all.
- Lodging. We offer multiple lodging options all of which are heated and have comfortable sleeping arrangements for your retreat.
- Meeting Rooms. Cody has many different sized meeting and breakdown rooms that can host groups ranging in size from 20 to 500 guests. AV equipment and internet are available free of charge.
- Recreation. Cody’s onsite recreational facilities are impressive. There are tennis courts, basketball courts, hockey arenas, ball fields, biking trails, a full-size heated gymnasium, and an outstanding waterfront offering swimming and boating.
Camp Cody’s beautiful lakeside setting on Lake Ossipee is truly spectacular. The glacial lake, which is 4 miles long and 2 miles wide, is spring fed and has natural sandy beaches. Surrounded by hills and mountains from the White Mountain National Forest, our location is spectacular, all year long.
From swimming, to sailing, to windsurfing and more, your group retreat can take full advantage of the truly outstanding waterfront at Cody. Cody sits on nearly a mile of sandy beachfront on Lake Ossipee, a warm, clear spring-fed lake.
We can provide life-guarded swimming as well as certified waterfront personnel to keep all of your guests safe while making the most of Cody’s outstanding waterfront on beautiful Lake Ossipee.
Bang for the Buck
We understand the budgetary constraints of many groups and so the Cody Outdoor Center offers many different packages at great prices to meet your needs. Our goal is to produce an outstanding experience at a great value for our visiting groups.
About our Availability
We are available for group retreats that can range in size from 15 to more than 500. We host group retreats from late August through to late June and we are open seven days a week. Most visiting groups spend between 1-2 nights onsite, while some stay for 7 continuous nights. We are able to offer both weekday and weekend packages.
About our Staff
Cody’s staff is a wonderful group of individuals from all over the USA and around the world, the majority of whom have been with us for years.
Our staff are also trained in CPR and First Aid to ensure the safety of our guests. By the end of your stay, they will know the names of all of your group members. Our staff love what they do and enjoy working with all of our groups to ensure they have a wonderful and memorable experience.