Searching for the best sleepaway camp in NH can be a lengthy process considering all the options. While you may be focused on location and available activities, there’s actually a lot more you can be researching. Take a look at some important questions to ask when searching for the best sleepaway camp in NH.
Questions to Ask Yourself When Choosing a Sleepaway
- Will my child feel comfortable in a single gender camp or a co-ed camp?
- Should my child go to a specialized camp or all-around summer camp?
- How much am I willing to spend on summer camp?
- What’s the best session length for my child? Do I want a week? Two weeks?
Questions to Ask the Camp Director
- Are electronics allowed at camp?
- How big is the camp? How many campers are there?
- What’s the camper return rate?
- Is the camp ACA accredited?
- What is a typical day like?
- How many campers are in a bunk?
- What is the staff to camper ratio?
- Is there a nurse on the premises?
- How do you handle emergencies?
- How do you handle homesickness?
- What’s your camp philosophy?
- When was your camp established?
- How old are the camp counselors?
- Do you offer a menu for children with food allergies?
You can never ask too many questions when it comes to your child’s safety and Camp Directors are always happy to answer any and all questions.
Camp Cody: New Hampshire’s Best Sleepaway Camp
At Camp Cody, we welcome all questions! Feel free to fill out our contact form or request a brochure. Our sleepaway camp is located in Freedom, NH along Ossipee Lake where kids and teens can try out some exciting new water activities or go for a hike in the nearby White Mountains. We’ve also created programs for specific age groups including Pioneers for ages 7-9, Juniors for ages 10-11, Inters for ages 12-13, and Seniors for ages 14-15. Along with this, we have an assortment of activities including standup paddleboarding, kayaking, wakeboarding, cooking, basketball, tennis, arts and crafts, and so much more. We also have a nurse on-site in the event of an emergency and all of our counselors are CPR certified. Additionally, we put an emphasis on nutrition. Each day we have an assortment of fresh fruits, veggies, sandwiches, salads and so much more and we have a nut-free campus!