Packing can be something kids want to put off until the last minute or it’s something they’re eager to do. Whether you’re helping your child pack weeks in advance or you’re packing a few days before camp, it’s important to have a packing list so you don’t forget the essentials. Our summer camp staff has compiled a list of items for you to pack for overnight camp.
Let’s Start with Some Overnight Camp Packing Tips
- Luggage – Whether it’s a suitcase, duffle bag, or trunk, you’re welcome to bring any type of luggage to Camp Cody.
- Label all belongings – Include your child’s first and last name on as many belongings as possible. You’d be surprised how many campers bring identical items.
- Bring Layers – Although the summer in NH can hit the 90’s, New England is notorious for our frequently changing weather.
- Pack Some Extra Ziplock or Plastic Bags – Clothes and shoes can get muddy or ruined so pack some spare bags for any drenched clothes. This will also help your child’s bag or trunk stay nice and dry.
- Contact the Camp Staff Regarding Medications – If your child needs to take medication daily or has allergies, contact the staff ahead of time. Let them know you’ll be packing medicine and where it’s located in case your child forgets to take it.
What to Pack for Overnight Camp
- Reusable water bottle
- Multiple bathing suits & sunscreen
- Towels (Shower & beach)
- Multiple sets of socks and undergarments
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, shampoo, etc.)
- Specialty equipment for a specific program (get in touch with the camp)
- Bug repellant
- Pre-stamped envelopes, writing paper, pens
- T-shirts, shorts, pants, and long sleeve shirt
- Books & board games
- A slice of home (photos, notes, stuffed animals, etc.)
What NOT to Pack for Overnight Camp
- Cell phones
- Video game devices
- iPads, laptops, iPods, mp3 players
- Valuables (jewelry, watches, etc.)
- Hazardous sports equipment
Join Our NH Overnight Camp
Camp Cody is located in Freedom, NH along the pristine Lake Ossipee. At our co-ed summer camp we have plenty of summer activities for both boys and girls including kayaking, canoeing, cooking, SUP, tennis, and so much more. We provide a wide selection of land and water activities along with creative arts programs. Bunk life is also a crucial element of overnight camp and we strategically place campers in bunks to ensure comfort. Many of our summer campers begin bonding in their bunks especially when they have down time to hang out and get to know each other. If you’re ready to sign your child up for our overnight NH camp, get in touch with us today.